A group of eight persons met for the first time in a home on July 19, 1835. By a year later, the size of the Methodist Episcopal society had outgrown a home setting.
The building of a meeting house on a lot donated by one of the society's members began in September of 1936. The deed to the land was $1.
The current building was erected in 1911.